Institute Name : West Pomeranian
Course Name : MSc Security in cyberspace (ONLINE - MS TEAMS)
Course Type : Masters
Education Level : 7,8
Duration : 160 hours
Method of Delivery : Online
Pre Requirements : First Degree, IELTS 6.0
Language Level : B2
Visa Type :
Application Fee :
Academic Deposit :
Fees : PLN 2900 Full
Intakes : All round year
Course Description :
Postgraduate studies in the on-line formula
Duration: 2 semesters, 160 hours - run in the form of on-line conventions (twice a month on Fridays and Saturdays)
All of us are concerned with cyberspace security. Cyberspace has become an inseparable element of our life, giving it a new dimension. Going to work, talking to friends, shopping, going on the run, installing a game, paying bills, learning, watching your favorite series - with each such action, we immerse ourselves in it more and more. Regardless of where you live, work or function. An inseparable element accompanying cyberspace are the issues of security of its users and education in this area. This is confirmed by the latest results of the research "Cybersecurity according to Polish companies" conducted in Q1 2020 by "Computerworld", where as much as 75%of the respondents decided that, apart from the issues related to the security of technology itself, education and training are one of the most important ways to build our cyber resilience . Today, cyber resilience is not only needed at the national or local level. It is gaining more and more importance at the level of the company, its employees and all individual users of cyberspace.
The main goal of the postgraduate studies in cyberspace security is to raise the students' awareness of the safe use of technology, conscious consumption of information resources and the acquisition of skills to deal with emergencies. The study program allows you to focus on the cyberspace user as its integral element.
Who is the candidate?
Postgraduate studies in the field of Security in Cyberspace are addressed to all users of information technologies who are interested in increasing their competences in the field of conscious contact with information and communication technology. During their studies, students will acquire and / or develop their competences in the field of safe and conscious functioning in both worlds: digital and real. These competences will be a perfect complement to the basic set of knowledge and skills that employees in various industries and positions should have.
Benefits for participants:
- thorough and comprehensive understanding of various aspects of functioning in cyberspace (infrastructural, psychological, legal, social, managerial),
- acquiring the ability to design protective measures and solutions securing a conscious user of cyberspace,
- free access to the full Microsoft Ofice 365 package (access to a mailbox with a capacity of 100 GB, the latest versions of MS Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Teams, Forms, etc., possibility to install on 5 PCs or Macs , 5 tablets or smartphones, edit and share documents thanks to Office Online and Microsoft SharePoint applications, store and share files thanks to unlimited OneDrive storage space).
Advantages of studies:
- classes conducted by practitioners - lawyers, psychologists, security specialists, information management specialists, social media specialists
- integration and networking with students from different parts of Poland
- convenient way of organizing classes - classes only on Fridays and Saturdays in the remote form
- use of various tools of the virtual environment
- practical and useful thesis
- remote final exam
- access to materials from classes 24/7 throughout the entire period of study
3 areas of development
After completing postgraduate studies, the student will develop in 3 areas:
- He knows the most important legal regulations regarding information security, cybersecurity and cyber protection.
- Has knowledge of the main types of threats in cyberspace.
- Understands the difference between securing people ( safe ) and securing resources ( security ) in cyberspace.
- He can analyze the needs of various types of cyberspace users and develop rules for safe functioning for them.
- He can prepare rules for the organization of remote work, also in the conditions of a dispersed team, taking into account the issues of data and information security.
- Is able to consciously use appropriate security measures in social media.
- Has social awareness of the risks and threats in cyberspace.
- Takes an open stance in discussing legal, business and infrastructure solutions in the field of cyber protection.
- Is aware of the deepening integration of the real world with the parallel world at various levels.
List of modules
- Introduction to cyberspace security - 10 hours
- Concept of cyberspace and cybersecurity
- Main categories of cyberspace users
- The scope and importance of cyberspace in private and professional life
- Digital Lifestyles - 10 hours
- Concept of digital lifestyle
- Competences of cyberspace users
- Digital communities
- Safety of social media users - 10 hours
- Safe use of social media
- Types of threats and consequences of functioning in social media
- Legal protection in social media
- Psychological aspects of functioning in cyberspace - 20 hours
- The concept of the psychology of the Internet
- Psychological perception of security in cyberspace
- Legal aspects of cyberspace security - 20 hours
- Practical aspects related to the implementation of legal protection in private and professional life
- Personal data protection (GDPR)
- National Cybersecurity System
- Remote work and dispersed teams - 20 hours
- Protection of company data and information in remote work
- Collaboration and information exchange in dispersed teams
- Remote access to company resources
- IT infrastructure security (network, hardware, software) - 20 hours
- Cybersecurity in the company
- Home cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity in public space
- Cybercrime and identity theft
- Types of threats in cyberspace - 20 hours
- Identity theft
- Fighting cybercrime
- Information management in a crisis situation - 20 hours
- Diagrams of dealing with information in a crisis situation
- Communicating in a crisis
- Cooperation with the media
- Cyber Defense and the Insurance Market - 10 hours
- Cyberochorna - now and in the future
- Designing protective measures and security solutions
- Cyber insurance
- Thesis and exam on-line