Institute Name : IFM Unviersity Geneva
Course Name : MBA International Finance
Course Type : Masters
Education Level : 7,8
Duration : 1 Year
Method of Delivery : Classroom
Pre Requirements : Postgraduate requirements • A completed application form • A 300-400 word cover letter. • Official Undergraduate diploma : Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. • Copies of academic transcripts and certificates (in English or French) • A resume / curriculum vitae showing your profile. • For non-native English speaker, provide proof of your English proficiency. • A copy of your passport photograph (ID) page. • One recent passport-sized, color photograph, jpeg format, of yourself. • A non-refundable application fee of CHF/EUR 150.- Language test requirements : In-house IFM, IELTS (6.0), TOEFL (80 ibt) or equivalent.
Language Level : B2
Visa Type : 32
Application Fee : CHF 150
Academic Deposit :
Fees : CHF 33500 Full
Intakes : March, October
Course Description :
This industry-relevant MBA programme prepares you to meet the current challenges of the world of finance, a sector in complete evolution. You will become aware of the main industry changes fueled by the impact that technology, sustainability, and digitalisation have. This Master degree provides you with a solid education in management, which consists of a detailed exploration of the business and financial environments as well as in-depth knowledge of markets, products, and investments.
The curriculum provides you with practical tools and enhances your skills in analysis, negotiation and strategy. You will become a professional who is able to think differently, analyse investments, measure risks, negotiate, create innovative strategies and achieve top performance.
This specialisation prepares graduates for outstanding managerial positions in various financial institutions, banks, funds, brokerage firms...
Faculty : You will learn from an international faculty who are industry experts, entrepreneurs and senior managers selected from around the world to ensure educational excellence.
Accreditations : ACBSP, IACBE, EDUQUA
• Degree awarded : Master of Business Administration (with specialisation in International Finance)
• Credits : 42 CH / US (60 ECTS)
• Length : 9 months
• 12 courses : 10 core courses and 2 electives.
• Format : 2 formats of studies : traditional on-campus or hybrid
• Workload : 6 courses / week
• Schedule : Mon - Fri, from 2pm
• Small classes : 20 students
• Excellent ratio : professor / students : 1 / 6
• Language : taught in English
• MBA students : 50% local & 50% International, 70% speak at least 2 languages
• 2 intakes per year in March and October.
IFM pioneering curriculum provides you with global advanced perspectives, new concepts, transferable skills, practical tools, a digital and sustainable mindset as well as a distinct way of approaching business. You will follow a curriculum designed to create career opportunities
01. Business Negotiation
02. Business Strategy
03. Business Project Management
04. Global Management
05. Global Marketing
06. Leadership & Organisation
07. Managerial Accounting
08. Managerial Finance
09. Managerial Economics
10. Managing Change & Innovation
Choose 2 elective courses from the following to tailor your degree.
• International Finance
• Investments & Financial Markets
• Sustainable Business & Finance
TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Our unique real business approach provides you with new business perspectives. You will be able to think differently, manage projects, implement changes, create strategies, lead a team and make decisions. You will be prepared for any challenge you will face in your career.
• Excellent employment record : our graduates hold key roles in industries and organisations in some of the world’s leading companies.
• Experiential learning : Our MBA degree is interactive and experiential, using a combination of case studies, group exercises, discussions, project work and business simulations. The curriculum gives you real-life business skills.
• Real business exposure : The in-class experience is combined with an exposure to real business operations through guest speaker sessions, industry and company visits. These events introduce you to numerous career opportunities.
• Career & workshops : Modern career workshops, one-to-one counselling sessions, real business exposure and networking opportunities.
• Jobs & Internships : We provide access to a variety of useful information : job ads, internship ads, job portals and guidance.
• Excellent place to work : Switzerland is 5th worldwide in career opportunities - HSBC Expat Index
Geneva offers a world-class business environment and amazing career opportunities.