Institute Name : IFM Unviersity Geneva
Course Name : Bachelor in Finance (BBA)
Course Type : Undergraduate
Education Level : 4,5,6
Duration : 3 Years
Method of Delivery : Classroom
Pre Requirements : • A completed application form • A 300-400 word cover letter • High school diploma, Baccalaureate, A levels, Maturite or equivalent • Copies of academic transcripts and certificates (in English) • For non-native English speaker, provide proof of your English proficiency • A letter of reference from your school or one of your professors (if possible) • A copy of your passport photograph (ID) page • One recent passport-sized, colour photograph, jpeg format (of yourself) • A non-refundable application fee of CHF/EUR 150.- Language test requirements : In-house IFM, IELTS (6.0), TOEFL (80 ibt) or equivalent.
Language Level : B2
Visa Type : 32
Application Fee : CHF 150
Academic Deposit :
Fees : CHF 28500 Annual
Intakes : March, October
Course Description :
This programme prepares you to enter the fascinating world of finance. Our industry-relevant degree gives an excellent grounding in all aspects of business and a sharp understanding of the global financial environment. You will gain in-depth knowledge of markets, products, investments and portfolio management.
The curriculum provides you with practical tools and strong skills in analysis, negotiation and strategy. Our programme prepares you to meet the current challenges of the sector. You will become aware of changes, the impact of technology and sustainability. You will become a professional who is able to think differently, analyse investments, measure risks, negotiate, create innovative strategies and achieve top performance.
This specialisation prepares graduates for top positions in various financial institutions including financial companies, banks, pension funds, brokerage firms and international organisations.
Faculty : You will learn from an international faculty who are industry experts, entrepreneurs and senior managers selected from around the world to ensure educational excellence.
• Accreditations : ACBSP, IACBE, EDUQUA
• Degree awarded : Bachelor of Business Administration (with specialisation in Finance)
• Credits : 126 credits us (189 ECTS)
• Length : 3 years
• 41 courses : including a wide range of subjects
• Format : 2 formats of studies : traditional on-campus or hybrid
• Study mode : full time
• Small classes : 20 students
• Excellent ratio : professor / students : 1 / 6
• Language : English.
We also offer a bilingual program (EN-FR)
• BBA students : 50% local & 50% International, 70% speak at least 2 languages
• 2 intakes per year in March and October.
This undergraduate curriculum focuses on your success and provides you with global perspectives, real-business knowledge and a modern vision of finance You will develop a global, sustainable and digital mindset.
The curriculum contains 38 core courses & 3 elective courses to choose from the specialisation.
Sample core courses
• Corporate Finance I
• Business Negotiation
• Statistics & Data Analysis
• Business Strategy
• International Economics
Specialisation : elective courses
• Investments & Financial Markets
• Portfolio Management
• Sustainable Business & Finance
• International Business
• Corporate Finance II
Preparing for your career
Our distinctive approach enhances your employability and helps you to become a professional who will easily adapt to the challenges of the business world. You will be ready to embrace top career opportunities.
• Excellent record : 90% of BBA graduates find a job or pursue advanced degree studies within 6 months after graduation.
• Experiential learning : Our Bachelor degree is interactive and experiential, using a combination of case studies, group exercises, discussions, project work and business simulations. The curriculum gives you real-life business skills.
• Real business exposure : The in-class experience is combined with an exposure to real business operations through guest speaker sessions, industry and company visits. These events introduce you to numerous career opportunities.
• Career & workshops : Modern career workshops, one-to-one counselling sessions, real business exposure and networking opportunities help create career opportunities for you.
• Jobs & Internships : We provide access to a variety of useful information : job ads, internship ads, job portals and guidance.
• Excellent place to work : Switzerland is 5th worldwide in career opportunities - HSBC Expat Index.